Some people think that fitness supplements are unnecessary. For them, eating the right kind and amount of food as well as exercising regularly would suffice to live a healthy lifestyle.
Those are indeed important. However, fitness supplements do contribute a lot to achieving a healthy body. Aside from intensifying the effects of the food you eat and the exercise you do, they also make the process of getting fit faster and better.
There are countless fitness supplements available on the market today. All of them claim to make you look and feel fit, healthy, and strong. It can be tough sometimes to choose which ones are the best.
Check out our list below of some of today’s best fitness supplements. We came up with the selection based on their ingredients, benefits and even side effects. We’re hoping that by the end of this review, you’ll be able to find a fitness product that best suits your needs.
How Do The Best Fitness Supplements Work?
Fitness supplements work in different ways. In fact, they can be classified into a variety of categories, such as creatine, protein, and amino acid supplements.
Some work when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, while others claim to provide health benefits even without proper food and workout. There are fitness supplements that are intended to improve your muscles and how they look. There are also those that provide fat burning and weight loss benefits.
Of course, the best fitness supplements can do both – improving your physique while keeping your body healthy. Maintaining a lean and muscular body or sexy look is probably essential, but sustaining a healthy lifestyle and well-being is more important.
Why Take Fitness Supplements?
There are a lot of reasons why you should take fitness supplements. They have numerous benefits, including:
- increase in muscle mass, size, and strength
- more muscle endurance and stamina
- limit of carbohydrates intake resulting in weight loss
- improvement of physical and athletic performance
- stimulation of muscle growth
- faster muscle recovery and damage repair
- regulated blood flow throughout the body
Overall, the best fitness supplements are able to provide you with all these advantages. With their right combination of ingredients, you will surely achieve your desired state of health and appearance.
How To Choose The Best Fitness Supplements?
Again, choosing the best fitness supplements can be tough. Even athletes and bodybuilders might have a hard time if they don’t know what to look for in a product.
To help you with that, here are some tips you might want to consider:
- Check the ingredients. Not only does it help you know what you will be ingesting, but you also get the chance to check if the product’s ingredients have side effects. As always, you need to be sure that it’s safe.
- Research about the manufacturer. Make sure that the company has a good reputation and that there are no complaints about them or their products. This adds up to their credibility.
- Go over their customer reviews. People are different so you need to compare your situation with that of others. The product might have worked for some but it might not work for you.
- Consult with your doctor. This is the best way to make sure that the fitness supplement of your choice is safe for you.
While there are plenty of fitness supplements available on the market today, we’ve narrowed down the list of the best fitness supplements that you can choose from. Check out our best reviewed fitness supplements below.
1. Crazy Bulk
Crazy Bulk is a brand that creates only high-quality bodybuilding and fitness supplements. They call their products “legal steroids” because they support each stage of your workout regimen, from pre-workout to post-workout, and they deliver fast results.
Some of their products are as follows:
D-Bal (Dianabol) – promotes fast muscle gains. It also improves nitrogen retention and protein synthesis.
Trenorol (Trebolone) – intended for massive muscle gains. It enhances muscle conditioning and strength.
XGH-X2 – helps in achieving huge muscles. It burns fat easily and provides faster muscle recovery.
Testo-Max (Sustanon) – gives you extreme physical strength. It enhances overall athletic performance and reduces muscle recovery time as well.
Crazy Bulk only uses ingredients that are natural and 100% safe. Some of them are whey protein and l-carnitine. Whey protein is known to improve protein synthesis in the body, increasing muscle mass and muscle recovery simultaneously. Carnitine, on the other hand, aids in burning fats and building muscles.
- both improve physical appearance and athletic performance
- allows for long-lasting muscle gains
- uses natural ingredients that are less likely to cause side effects
- improves focus and energy levels
- supports weight loss and fat loss
- promotes glycogenolysis and improves blood flow in the body
- has positive feedback from customers
- delivers fast results
- offers promotions like free shipping and return policy
- a bit more expensive compared to other fitness supplements
- only available through the manufacturer’s website
- limited customer reviews
Crazy Bulk is one of the most trusted brands today. While there aren’t many customer reviews, the positive feedback we found are actually intensive reviews from customers who have already tried it. Besides, it is only available on the manufacturer’s website so we can’t expect numerous customer reviews from online retail stores.
It is also impressive that the manufacturer only uses natural ingredients in formulating their products. This assures users that side effects are less likely to occur and if they do, they might just be minimal such as mild headaches.
In this regard, we think that the products of this brand are among the best fitness supplements on the market today. Medical websites and other review sites also suggest this brand, claiming it can address your various fitness needs.
2. Primeval Labs
Primeval Labs is another brand of fitness and bodybuilding supplements that is making its way to the top today. The manufacturer is committed to providing products that improve people’s health and appearance.
Some of the products of this fitness brand are:
Mega Test – boosts your testosterone levels and unleashes your inner masculinity. It supports muscle growth and strength, giving you the ultimate workout experience.
Pyretic – burns your fats easily and speeds up your body’s metabolism process. It is a fat-loss formula, but it claims to also enhance your mental clarity and acuity.
Intracell 7 – improves your athletic performance while reducing fatigue. It helps you achieve maximum strength, giving you the all-out energy you need to work out.
Primeval Labs’ main ingredients are usually amino acids such as leucine and beta-alanine. Leucine is one of the branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) that stimulates protein synthesis of muscles. Beta-alanine increases muscular strength and total power output, for longer and harder exercises.
- boosts athletic performance while keeping your body healthy
- only uses natural ingredients
- contains ingredients that also enhance mental performance
- available for purchase on Amazon and other online retail stores
- detailed information about each product on the company’s website
- a bit more expensive compared to other fitness supplements
- may cause side effects such as headaches, nausea, and sleeplessness
- has only a few customer reviews
We believe that the products of Primeval Labs may be one of your choices when choosing the best fitness supplements. Their products seem to work for some people and the reported side effects are only minimal issues which can be avoided.
The manufacturer is also very informative on their website. They have provided a list of each of the product’s ingredients and how these work in the body. This gives us an idea how their products actually work to give their claimed benefits.
3. Sheer Platinum Nitro
The third on our list of best fitness supplements is Sheer Platinum Nitro. This product in powder form claims to increase your body’s ability to naturally produce nitric oxide.
As a nitric oxide booster, it works by widening your arteries and vessel walls. This allows the flow of more blood throughout your body, and the production of more oxygen. Having more supply of oxygen certainly enhances the performance of your mental and physical abilities.
Sheer Platinum Nitro uses citrulline malate as its main ingredient. This amino acid is a precursor to arginine, which is a precursor to nitric oxide. When your body has enough citrulline malate, it gains the ability to produce a massive amount of nitric oxide.
The product also contains betaine anhydrous and l-taurine that are essential to improve muscular pumps and overall physical performance.
- boosts nitric oxide that is essential for the body to have more oxygen
- nitric oxide supplements are commonly used by athletes and bodybuilders to enhance their athletic performance
- provides increased energy and stronger stamina
- no reports of side effects so far
- has many positive reviews available online
- the manufacturer offers a 30-day full money-back guarantee
- works fair enough but works best when taken with other products
- a bit more expensive than other nitric oxide fitness supplements
- nitric oxide supplements, in general, may cause alarming side effects such as zinc deficiency, diabetes, and reduced dopamine levels
Sheer Platinum Nitro is from a company with a well-established reputation. It belongs to a line of products that have already garnered praises from many customers.
While there are reports about the side effects of nitric oxide supplements, the product itself has none yet. According to the manufacturer, the powder only contains the right amount of ingredients that are less likely to cause adverse results.
We suggest including Sheer Platinum Nitro in your list of best fitness supplements. After all, nitric oxide is an essential element that we all need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
4. Twinlab ZMA Fuel
Twinlab ZMA Fuel may be considered as one of the best fitness supplements today. It has the combination of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6 that provides total anabolic support. It increases muscle strength and mass, and enhances muscle recovery.
More than a fitness supplement, this product also lets you have a peaceful sleep during the night. Science tells us that muscle gains and repair actually work best when our mind and body are at a full rest. More so, sleep is important to give you the energy you need to mentally and physically perform well during the day.
As mentioned above, this product uses three main ingredients. Zinc is known to improve muscle stamina and endurance as well as immune system function. Magnesium retains muscle health by promoting peaceful sleep. Lastly, vitamin B6 regulates proper blood flow throughout the body, giving you more oxygen to perform your workouts.
This fitness supplement shows best results if it’s part of a low-fat diet and exercise.
- provides zinc, magnesium, and vitamin b6 that are essential to keep the body healthy
- improves not just muscle performance but also nerve function
- gives you restful and deep sleep without interruptions, providing more energy the next day
- has positive reviews talking about its effectiveness as a fitness supplement
- no reports of side effects yet
- may not be taken with food that contains calcium
- cannot be taken with other medications
- has positive reviews, but only a few total customer reviews
- you need to take more than one capsule daily to achieve best results
It appears that Twinlab ZMA Fuel is effective for some people. The ingredients it has are also all natural and essential for the body to stay healthy. It’s also impressive that it has other benefits aside from improving muscle strength and performance.
As such, we think that it is one of the best fitness supplements out there for you. It’s still up to you if you want to try it or not, though. For safety purposes, consult your doctor first to see if it will work for you or not.
5. SAN Zinc Magnesium Aspartate
SAN Zinc Magnesium Aspartate was primarily designed to increase muscle recovery time. As a post-workout supplement, it helps restore your rhythmic cycle especially when you’re asleep.
This supplement does not just improve muscle growth and development. It also boosts energy levels and supports hormone production. Likewise, it repairs tissue damage and maintains electrolyte balance.
Similar to Twinlab ZMA Fuel, this product also consists of three main ingredients: zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6. As mentioned above, these nutrients are essential to overall health, particularly muscle building.
Aside from these three, the product also contains calcium carbonate. This compound has the ability to treat heartburn and indigestion. As an athlete or bodybuilder, it is essential for you to avoid several circulatory and digestive illnesses.
- both a muscle growth enhancer and energy booster
- contains natural and safe ingredients
- has no reported side effects so far
- also boosts the immune system, protecting the body from diseases
- increases testosterone levels essential for muscle building
- possible side effects include nausea, diarrhea, and muscle cramps
- has limited customer reviews
- users need more than 1 capsule a day to achieve best results
We believe that SAN Zinc Magnesium Aspartate has what it takes to be considered among today’s best fitness supplements. Clearly, it possesses a lot of benefits aside from just helping you build muscles and maintaining your health.
It also uses the three powerful ingredients that are vital for overall health. It may have potential side effects, but such do not actually pose serious threats. Likewise, they are only possible if you do not follow the manufacturer’s recommended dosage.
Fitness supplements are not magical pills. They do not enhance muscle performance overnight, or make you look like a god or goddess in just a week. It would take a lot of great time and effort before you can finally achieve the results you are aiming for.
In addition, you will need to combine them with proper diet, exercise, and a good restful sleep. Without these three, even the best fitness supplements won’t be able to do their job in making you fit and healthy.
The products that we provided above are just some of the best fitness supplements you can find today. They may or may not work for you, but you can try them and see the results. However, to get the most out of these supplements, you’ll have to take necessary precautions.
It is important that you follow the recommended use or dosage of each product. This will help you avoid potential side effects. Fitness supplements and their ingredients are quite sensitive, and even a little overdose might lead to adverse results.
You may want to check their customer reviews so you can determine if they worked for many people or not. Just make sure that the evaluations you’re looking at are from verified customers. Be more curious and look for more information and evidence.
It also helps to check the manufacturer behind each product you consider. Conduct further research about them and the ingredients they use in their products. This adds up to their credibility, making you feel safer and more confident.
Furthermore, you can try studying each product’s list of ingredients. There is enough information on the internet that can help you determine if they are safe to use and mixed with other ingredients or not.
Most importantly, consult with your doctor first before using any supplement. This is crucial whether you’re undergoing other medications or not. It’s always best to seek advice from a health professional as they are the experts in the field.
Keep in mind that fitness supplements are not meal replacement products. As supplements, their purpose is to provide only support to your health. They’re not meant to be the primary source of nutrients that your body needs to stay strong and healthy.
What you need is proper diet, regular exercise, right amount of sleep, and a great fitness supplement to achieve your desired fitness goals.
Last Updated on