Calms Forte Overview
Calms Forte is a sleep aid pill which provides relief from a restless sleep and occasional sleeplessness due to stress.
This product supports homeopathy, a system of alternative medicine that revolves around the belief that the “the body cures itself.” As such, the ingredients in this supplement are extracted from plants and minerals. Calms Forte also helps trigger the natural defense mechanism in the body.
All the ingredients in this product were prepared and carefully studied. Calms Forte does not contain diphenhydramine like other commercial products.
Calms Forte Manufacturer
Hylands is the manufacturer of this product. The company was founded in 1903 with an ideology inspired by a pharmacist named George Hyland. The company believes in homeopathic methods to steer away people from the harmful effects of conventional medicines.
You may contact Hylands by filling up the order form on the website or call them at 1 (800) 624-9659.
What’s the Best Alternative to Calms Forte?
Considering the details that we found about Calms Forte and its possible side effects, we can say it’s not the best one out there. After checking many other competitor products, we found a better and effective sleep aid product. Check out its detailed review HERE.
Who Should Take Calms Forte?
Children who are six years old and older, as well as adults, can take this product.
Even if the supplement is made from natural ingredients, you should consider consulting your doctor first if you have the following conditions:
- have symptoms of sleeplessness for more than seven days
- symptoms have worsened after taking the product
What Makes Calms Forte Work?
We experience stress in our daily lives and it causes different effects. Some people become moody when stressed. Others suffer from an upset stomach. But almost universally, stressed people cannot sleep well at night. This lack of sleep and proper rest deprive them of energy and positive mood. Calms Forte is here to the rescue.
Calms Forte contains homeopathically-prepared properties and minerals. Combined together, these ingredients relieve stress and help induce a peaceful, restful sleep at night.
The company assures that the product doesn’t cause side effects. Also, it is not habit-forming because it is made from all-natural ingredients.
Take note that Calms Forte is not a daily supplement. It is recommended to be taken only when needed.
Calms Forte Ingredients
The active ingredients include:
- Calcarea Phosphorica – reduces restlessness. It regulates high blood pressure and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Passiflora – makes you feel relaxed so you can have a good sleep after an exhausting day.
- Magnesia Phosphorica – relieves mental anxiousness. It can reduce muscle pains related to stress.
- Chamomilla – reduces irritability problems and sleep disturbances. It also provides a relaxing effect on the user.
- Ferrum Phosphoricum – deals with nervousness. It regulates mood and anxiety levels.
- Avena Sativa – relieves stress and nervousness. It treats depression and other related illnesses.
- Kali Phosphoricum – also helps reduce irritability, tension, and stress. It improves the electrochemical conduction in the body.
- Humulus Lupulus – aids in occasional sleeplessness and other related problems.
- Natrum Phosphoricum – helps in dealing with anxiety.
The inactive ingredients are Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactose, Starch (Corn and Tapioca), and Magnesium Stearate.
Calms Forte Side Effects
The manufacturer states that their product doesn’t cause any adverse effects. However, some studies and reviews say otherwise. These are some of the side effects that have been observed:
- mild hallucinations and nightmares
- allergic reactions
- burning sensation in the throat
Calms Forte Dosage and Instructions
This product should only be given to adults and children not younger than 6 years old.
For children (6 to 12 years old):
- As a relaxant – take 1 pill three times a day.
- As a sleep aid – take 1 to 2 pills 30 minutes to one hour before going to bed.
For adults and children (12 years old and above):
- As a relaxant- take 1 to 2 pills three times a day.
- As a sleep aid- take 1 to 3 pills 30 minutes to one hour before going to bed.
You should always take the supplement with water.
Do not overdose on this product. Call the doctor or the Poison Control Center immediately if accidental overdose occurs.
Check for tampering on the labeled bottle of the product, and do not take a product with a broken seal.
The company also provided a hotline for emergency situations. You may call them any time of the day at 624-9659.
Best Places to Buy Calms Forte
You cannot buy the product from its official website. However, they have provided a store locator function to make it easier for you to find a nearby retailer.
They also provided some links to online shopping sites like Vitacost, Target, iHerb, and Amazon.
Latest Calms Forte Reviews
We can find a lot of Calms Forte reviews for this product online. Sad to say, many of the customers complained about the side effects or ineffectiveness of the pill.
Several people mentioned the nightmares that they had every time they take the product. Others said that instead of falling to sleep, they became more awake.
One of the customers complained about the allergic reaction that made her unable to sleep.
Is Calms Forte Legit or A Scam? Conclusion…
Based on reviews and studies about Calms Forte, we can say that it is not what the manufacturer promotes it to be.
This product might be effective for some people, but most of the consumers were not satisfied.
The company mentioned in their website’s FAQ that it doesn’t contain any allergen. However, one of its ingredients, Avena sativa, is extracted from oats, which is a known allergen.
In addition, the effects of this product on some of its customers are the exact opposite of what they were expecting. Considering the time, effort, and money spent on this product, we cannot blame them for their disappointment. Instead of relieving them from stress and providing them with a better quality sleep, the product worsened their stress and added more to their sleepless nights.
You can still try this product. Anyway, each person is different, and your body may respond differently to the supplement. However, it will be best to consult a professional to make sure that you are not harming yourself with it. Also, you can find a better and more effective sleep aid on the market.