What Is Effaclar Duo?
Effaclar Duo is a skincare product that helps treat acne. On the packaging, it boasts that it has the ability to reduce acne by up to 60% within just 10 days.
This is the first skin care treatment that combines 5.5% micronized benzoyl peroxide with a combination of moisturizing skin care ingredients.
The formula is entirely oil-free and it has been clinically tested. It has the potential to penetrate clogged pores and it can even help remove blackheads and whiteheads.
Who Makes Effaclar Duo?
This product is made by a manufacturer called La Roche-Posay. They were founded in 1995 by the L’Oreal Group. La Roche-Posay is a very popular acne skin care brand within the pharmaceutical community in Europe.
The manufacturer made sure to get dermatologists to test their skincare products before releasing them to the public.
Best Effaclar Duo Alternative
Due to all the negative reviews about Effaclar Duo, we’ve been looking for a competitive products that was proven more effective. We checked several of them with deception, and finally came around a real effective acne treatment. You can read its review HERE.
Who Is Effaclar Duo For?
Effaclar Duo is made specifically for teenagers and adults who have oily skin. If you are prone to blemishes and acne, the formula is made for you.
The company states that their products are suitable for people with sensitive skin, but unfortunately many people with sensitive skin don’t agree.
It seems to be advertised more towards people who have moderate acne, rather than mild or severe acne.
How Does Effaclar Duo Work?
This skincare treatment uses a special ingredient called micronized Benzoyl peroxide 5.5% to work. This is a powerful component and the main reason why this product can reduce acne.
This ingredient works not only to help surface acne, but also acne that is rooted deep in the skin. Since it’s micronized, it makes it easier for the formula to enter the skin pores. This allows the product to remove blemishes. It can also reduce any irritation.
Effaclar Duo contains micro-exfoliating LHA. Exfoliating is great for your skin in general, but especially beneficial for your face. It can remove excess dead skin cells that are just piling up on your face. Exfoliating also makes your skin feel smoother and evens out your skin tone.
Effaclar Duo Ingredients
The following are the main active ingredients in Effaclar:
- Benzoyl Peroxide 5.5% – This is the most powerful ingredient in this formula. It is very strong, so it can kill bacteria that usually leads to acne.
- Isostearyl Alcohol – This is a type of fatty alcohol that is used to prevent the skin from drying out. It helps keep the skin feel fresh.
- Capryloyl Salicylic Acid – This ingredient helps to exfoliate the skin. It is anti-inflammatory, which can help with acne flare-ups. It’s also antiseptic, which means it’s beneficial for removing and killing bacteria and disinfecting the affected area. It is great for skin that has been damaged by dryness, and it can restore flexibility to the skin.
- Epilobium Angustifolia Flower – This ingredient is used to prevent and treat swelling that might occur on the skin. It contains anti-inflammatory properties. It has the ability to relieve any pain that acne might cause.
- Tocopheryl Acetate – This ingredient is a form of Vitamin E. It is used as a conditioner for the skin, making it healthier and smoother.
- Carbomer – Carbomer is added to this formula because it acts as a thickener. It helps to keep everything together and provides stabilizing for the emulsion.
- Pentylene Glycol – There is nothing natural or beneficial about this ingredient. It’s merely used as a preservative to make the shelf life of this product longer.
- Glycerin – This ingredient adds to the formula by making it more moisturizing.
Effaclar Duo Side Effects
The manufacturer claims that there are no side effects for this product. However, customers think otherwise. Many people have reported irritation, dry skin, and itchiness from using this product.
Since this product is not natural and it does contain chemicals, pregnant and breastfeeding women should not use it unless advised by a doctor.
Effaclar Duo Dosage
This product is meant to be used daily, at least once, but it can also be used twice. Always cleanse your skin completely before you apply the product. Apply a thin layer of the product to the affected area of your face (not your entire face).
You can do this once in the morning, and once in the evening. You might want to start off with only doing one layer a day at first because this product is prone to drying out the skin.
The manufacturer states that if you notice any dryness or redness, reduce your use to once a day, or even once every other day.
Effaclar Duo Reviews
Like many other acne treatment products, there’s a mixture of bad and good reviews on Effaclar Duo. There are many unhappy customers because although the manufacturer states that their product is suitable/safe for people with sensitive skin, it appears that it’s not.
Many customers have warned others not to purchase this product if they have sensitive skin, and also if they have dry skin. It seems to only work for people with oily and non-sensitive skin.
Customers have complained about experiencing severe dryness, redness, itchiness, and also irritation. Some people have even experienced a burning sensation on their face after using this product for just over a week.
Where To Buy Effaclar Duo
You can buy this product directly from the manufacturer’s website. It will ship out of the United Kingdom.
Does Effaclar Duo Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
Although Effaclar Duo has the potential to work for some people, it certainly doesn’t work for everyone. This product makes us weary because unlike most skin treatment companies, there is no information about whether or not this product comes with a money-back guarantee.
Also, there are no free trials, which could mean that the company is not entirely confident in their product.
The fact that Effaclar Duo misleads customers with their packaging — claiming that it’s suitable for people with sensitive skin types — is not professional.
While the final choice is up to you, we believe there are much better skin care products that you can invest in.
Sorted by: Most Recent
by Miss Melvin review for Effaclar Duo
I have super sensitive skin. Wish I had read this review before getting one. It has made my skin very itchy!
by Jennifer A. review for Effaclar Duo
Decided to use this treatment because it’s also a moisturizer. After a few weeks of using this product, my acne is still visible. It seems to take longer for it to take effect.
by Heidi LR review for Effaclar Duo
I am a new user of this cream. It’s just okay.
by Lou A. review for Effaclar Duo
An average product but expensive.