EGF Serum Overview
EGF Serum is an anti-aging product that claims to address all your skin aging problems. It restores your skin back to its natural glow and beauty.
It is branded as the “ground-breaking anti-aging serum” that boasts of the following benefits:
- Revives your skin’s radiance
- Lessens the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and dry spots
- Enhances and rejuvenates skin tone and texture
- Diminishes pore size
- Penetrates deep within the skin to moisturize and hydrate
The serum is also hypoallergenic as well as fragrance- and paraben-free. It has no preservatives or additives.
EGF Serum Manufacturer
BioEffect is the manufacturer of this anti-aging product. They are a company based in Iceland. They aim to empower men and women to age gracefully through their anti-aging products that bring visible results.
If you need to contact them, you can dial +3545311000, and one of their customer service agents will answer your call. They also have a contact form on their website where you can send your queries.
What’s The Best Alternative To EGF Serum?
Considering the details we found about EGF Serum and its possible side effects, we would say it’s not the best one out there. After checking many other competitor products, we found a better and really effective anti-aging product. Check out its detailed review HERE.
Who Should Use EGF Serum?
As an anti-aging serum, this product is created to address the skin aging issues of older people.
The manufacturer did not indicate if it may be used by both sexes, but their website seems to suggest that it is geared more towards women.
There are also no warnings if the product is suitable for all skin types. Thus, if you have a particularly sensitive skin, it’s best to consult your doctor prior to using the product.
What Makes EGF Serum Work?
EGF stands for Epidermal Growth Factor. This is a mitogenic protein that regulates the normal process of cell growth. It also supports wound healing and prevents the formation of tumors.
The EGF Serum contains concentrated EGF from barley. Barley comes from the grass family, and it is a common ingredient in anti-aging products. It can treat many skin problems such as acne, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles.
As an EGF, the product also activates your skin’s natural renewal and rejuvenation process. It stimulates your skin to produce new cells and shed dead ones.
According to the clinical studies of the manufacturer, EGF Serum can increase skin thickness by 60% and skin density by 30%.
Note, however, that not all barley seeds contain EGF properties. The EGF in this anti-aging serum has been engineered only by the company using thorough research and new technology.
EGF Serum Ingredients
The ingredients in this anti-aging serum are as follows:
- Glycerin – is a humectant that treats and prevents dry, rough, scaly, and itchy skin. It also heals minor skin irritations like rashes and burns.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – is the sodium salt form of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a moisture-binder, meaning it locks in the water in your skin. This prevents dry and rough skin.
- Tromethamine – is a potentially safe chemical compound that promotes the balance of water and electrolytes in your body. There is only little research about its benefits on the skin, but some experts believe that its use is only to add fragrance to skincare products.
- Sodium Chloride – is used to make the absorption of nutrients into your body easy and fast. In cosmetics, it usually functions as a preservative.
- Hordeum vulgare Seed Extract – is commonly found in beauty and skincare products for its stabilizing effects. It supports skin regeneration by removing your dead skin cells and replacing them with new ones.
- EGF (Barley sh-oligopeptide-1) – stimulates skin growth at the cellular level. It is a polypeptide that plays an important role in wound healing and epidermal and dermal regeneration.
EGF Serum Side Effects
According to the manufacturer, side effects are less likely to occur with this product as it consists of only natural ingredients. Moreover, they emphasize the fact that it only has seven ingredients (including water), unlike other skincare products that contain lots of chemicals and preservatives.
However, there are scientific studies indicating that EGF alone as an ingredient may cause adverse results. These include hair growth abnormalities, itching, dryness, rashes, redness, skin irritation, and swelling.
Its other ingredients such as glycerin and hordeum vulgare may also cause side effects. They may result in allergic reactions such as rashes, itching or swelling, severe dizziness, and difficulty in breathing.
EGF Serum Dosage and Instructions
Use this product daily by applying 2 to 4 drops of it on your face and neck. The manufacturer recommends using the product at night to experience best results. They said that the penetration of the nutrients in your skin works best during nighttime.
Best Places to Buy EGF Serum
You can purchase this product directly from the manufacturer’s website. There are also some online retailers that sell it like Amazon.
Latest EGF Serum Reviews
There are few EGF Serum reviews available from outside sources. There are also a few testimonials on the manufacturer’s website.
Most of the reviews on their website are positive ones. The customers are happy, saying that the product worked for them. They said it really eliminated the signs of skin aging on their face.
Upon checking the reviews on Amazon, there are mixed reactions. The negative feedback is mostly about the product being greasy and thick.
One user said that although she is a fan of products coming from Iceland, she was hesitant about purchasing the product. She said she found studies indicating that EGF-containing creams and serums have potential side effects.
Is EGF Serum Legit Or A Scam? Conclusion…
EGF Serum seems to be a legitimate product. The manufacturer’s clinical studies regarding its effectiveness are also quite convincing. Likewise, its positive reviews add value to their credibility.
Nevertheless, we believe that there are other anti-aging products out there that can address your skin aging problems better. These products contain potentially safer ingredients that have been studied multiple times to really combat the signs of skin aging.
We highly suggest to keep searching for these other products. They contain no additives and preservatives and have only fewer to no side effects at all.