What Is Lancome Eye Cream?
Lancome Eye Cream is an exclusive brand of eye creams that combat the signs of skin aging around your eye area. Currently, there are thirteen eye creams available under this collection. Among the best-selling items are:
- Visionnaire Yeux Advanced Multi-Correcting Eye Balm
- Genifique Yeux Youth Activating Eye Concentrate
- Renergie Lift Multi-Action Eye Lifting and Firming Eye Cream
- Absolue Precious Cells Eye Visibly Repairing and Rejuvenating Eye Cream
- Energie De View Eye Illuminating & Cooling Anti-Fatigue Cooling Eye Gel
All these eye creams have one thing in common: they revitalize your skin to make it look younger. They also protect your skin from the damage it may experience from free radicals and environmental aggressors.
Who Makes Lancome Eye Cream?
This collection of eye creams is manufactured by Lancome. They offer other beauty and skincare products that are mostly make-up and anti-aging creams and lotions.
Lancome is a signature brand of L’Oreal along with other popular brands like Kiehl’s, Giorgio Armani, and Yves Saint Laurent. L’Oreal is also the owner of Maybelline and Garnier. They own a lot of signature brands focusing on cosmetics, personal hygiene, and appearance.
For questions and comments about the product, you can call Lancome’s toll-free number at 1-800-LANCOME (526-2663) or send them an email at email@example.com.
Their phone service and chat support are available every Monday through Friday (8:00 am – 12:00 am, EST) and Saturday and Sunday (10:00 am – 7:00 pm, EST).
Best Lancome Eye Cream Alternative
Due to all the negative reviews about Lancome Eye Cream, we’ve been looking for a competitive product that was proven more effective. We checked several of them with deception, and finally came around a real effective eye cream. You can read its review HERE.
Who Is Lancome Eye Cream For?
Lancome Eye Cream is for anyone looking for ways to reduce the signs of skin aging around their eye area. The eye creams of the company are formulated to increase the hydration in your skin.
The type of Lancome Eye Cream you need shall depend on your skin’s condition and sensitivity. Some of the products are especially for those with normal skin while others are particularly for those with dry or oily skin.
You also need to be specific on what type of skin problem you would like to address. Some of the creams only treat crow’s feet while the others target eye puffiness or dark circles.
In that sense, if you want to try any eye cream from this brand, you’ll have to be extra careful and more specific to ensure that you’re getting the right one.
How Does Lancome Eye Cream Work?
Generally, the eye creams of this brand work in different ways. However, they have one common goal and that is to eliminate or at least reduce the signs of skin aging around your eye area.
If you check each of the cream’s ingredient list, you will notice that they are a mixture of natural nutrients, chemicals, and patented ingredients. The manufacturer claims that these combinations are what make their products work.
You might get a bit alarmed with the chemicals you will see on the ingredient lists. The manufacturer assures that these chemicals have been studied and proven to be safe at a specific concentration level.
Lancome Eye Cream Ingredients
Some of the common ingredients that the manufacturer uses in their creams are as follows:
- Caffeine – improves blood circulation in your skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing redness and swelling.
- Glycerin – attracts water to keep your skin’s moisture levels. It also treats skin problems like acne and other skin diseases.
- Dimethicone – keeps your skin hydrated for longer periods. It also evens skin texture and complexion.
- Squalane – has the ability to heal chapped and cracked skin. It keeps the moisture in your skin balanced and it promotes the production of more elastin.
- Mica – makes your skin bright, luminous and glowing. Studies show that its shimmering effects are created by its ability to reflect the light from your face.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – restores your skin’s suppleness by reducing the flakes. It’s the perfect ingredient for those with dry and damaged skin.
- Phenoxyethanol – is a common preservative in beauty and skincare products nowadays. It acts as an alternative to parabens which are believed to cause cancer.
- Alfalfa Extract – has rich antioxidant properties that protect your skin against free radical damage and environmental aggressors.
Each eye cream has its own list of ingredients. You can check the complete details by visiting the products on the manufacturer’s website.
Lancome Eye Cream Side Effects
As mentioned earlier, the manufacturer uses chemical compounds in formulating their eye creams. Although they have been tested and proven to be safe, we still recommend taking extra care when using the creams.
We conducted further research on some of the ingredients and we found that they may cause mild to moderate side effects.
Sodium Hyaluronate, for instance, may lead to:
- skin warmth, pain, swelling, eye puffiness
- numbness or tingly feeling
- cold symptoms (e.g. sneezing, sore throat)
- allergic reactions (e.g. itching, skin irritation
There are a lot of reports as well saying that phenoxyethanol is potentially safe, but it may still cause:
- skin and lung irritation
- kidney failure
- liver disease
- organ damage
These side effects may occur through inhalation, skin exposure, and ingestion of products containing phenoxyethanol.
How To Use Lancome Eye Cream?
The application for each eye cream is different. There are those which you may only use in the morning while others are strictly for nighttime use. Some of them may be applied only once a day while others may be applied any time.
Generally, though, you need to make sure that you cleanse your face before using them. Wash it with clean water or any recommended facial cleanser, and pat it dry with a clean towel.
Lancome Eye Cream Reviews
Many Lancome Eye Cream reviews are available online. They are a mixture of positive and negative evaluations, which is understandable as beauty products are typically hit or miss.
It seems like many people trust this brand because it is a child company of L’Oreal. The latter has been known to provide safe and effective cosmetics ever since. Hence, customers believe that the eye creams of Lancome provide the same benefits.
However, there are those who disagree and gave the eye creams negative feedback. They said that they didn’t see any improvement at all with their appearance.
Users who have particularly sensitive skin also complained about the redness and other skin irritation they experienced upon using one of the products.
Where To Buy Lancome Eye Cream?
Every Lancome Eye Cream is available on the manufacturer’s website. There are also some online retailers that sell the creams like Amazon and Sephora.
Does Lancome Eye Cream Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
We find no compelling reason to believe that the Lancome Eye Cream brand is a scam. After all, it’s a signature brand of one of the leading companies in the beauty and cosmetics industry.
However, we can’t really determine if they are effective for everyone. They may have worked for some people, but they also didn’t work for many.
Upon evaluating the ingredients of each cream, we also noticed that they are mostly chemical compounds. Only a few of them actually have natural ingredients.
In this regard, we highly recommend checking out other eye creams that are effective and mainly composed of natural ingredients. Although some naturals can still cause side effects, they are only mild to moderate ones. They do not cause cancer and other severe side effects.
You may still want to try any Lancome Eye Cream. We suggest, however, to take extra care and consult with your dermatologist beforehand.
Last Updated on