Phytomer Youth Contour Overview
Phytomer Youth Contour is branded as an “anti-wrinkle and anti-tiredness eye and lip contour.” It promises to reduce the existing wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness around your eye area. It also claims to make your lips smoother and softer.
This product can reduce skin roughness by 26%, diminish wrinkle deepness by 28%, and produce rested eyes by up to 82%. These numbers are from the manufacturer’s clinical study of 23 volunteers claiming that they were satisfied with the cream.
Phytomer Youth Contour is also known as Phytomer Youth Contour Smoothing Eye and Lip Cream.
Phytomer Youth Contour Manufacturer
The manufacturer of this product is Phytomer, a company that practices marine cosmetics. This means that their products are formulated using powerful ingredients from the sea. As shown in their tagline, their products are specially made “from the sea to the skin.”
Aside from manufacturing beauty and skincare cosmetics, they have salon and spas in the US which you can visit. These establishments also use marine treatments so you’ll enjoy the best results.
Their customer service hotline is 1-800-227-8051. You can also drop them an email using the contact form on their website.
What’s The Best Alternative To Phytomer Youth Contour?
Considering the details we found about Phytomer Youth Contour and its possible side effects, we would say it’s not the best one out there. After checking many other competitor products, we found a better and really effective eye cream. Check out its detailed review HERE.
Who Should Use Phytomer Youth Contour?
This product might work you if you are already experiencing the signs of skin aging, particularly around the eye and lip area.
The manufacturer didn’t provide any warning on their website though. We aren’t entirely sure if it can be used by those with particularly sensitive skin or if there is any age restriction.
There is also no advice on whether it may be applied together with other creams that you may be using.
In that sense, we highly recommend talking to a doctor or dermatologist before using this eye and lip cream.
What Makes Phytomer Youth Contour Work?
This eye cream works with the help of its three active and main ingredients:
- Dilsea Carnosa Red Algae Extract – for the elimination of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Chlorella Vulgaris Green Algae Extract – for the reduction of eye puffiness.
- Delesseria Sanguinea Red Algae Extract – for the removal of the dark circles.
The manufacturer didn’t indicate how these three interact with each other to produce the results the product promises. They only provided the results of their clinical studies, which are already mentioned above.
Phytomer Youth Contour Ingredients
The ingredients of the eye cream are as follows:
- Dilsea Carnosa Red Algae Extract – is sometimes referred to as the “poor man’s weather glass” or in other words, the sea belt. Research shows that this extract has rich antioxidant properties to protect your skin cells against free radical damage.
- Chlorella Vulgaris Green Algae Extract – comes in green liquid form. It has carotenoids that condition your skin and protect it from free radical damage and external aggressors. It is also rich in proteins that constitute an individual collagen unit.
- Delesseria Sanguinea Red Algae Extract – is also rich in antioxidants that protect your skin from damage. As part of the red algae family, it is known to have immunity-boosting capacities.
Some of the other ingredients in the eye cream are:
- Glycerin – a humectant that attracts water easily. It seals in the moisture in your skin to keep it hydrated, soft, and smooth.
- Dipropylene Glycol – has moisturizing effects that penetrate deep into the skin. Studies show, however, that it may cause several harmful side effects
- Dimethicone – is a silicone-based polymer used to make your skin soft and smooth.
- Phenoxyethanol – is a preservative ingredient that is very popular among skin care products today as an alternative to parabens.
- Sodium Polyacrylate – makes the absorption of nutrients easy and fast.
- Tocopherol – has vitamin E-like properties that benefit the skin in a lot of ways. It has antioxidants that keep your skin protected against free radicals.
The eye cream actually has a long list of ingredients. You can check the manufacturer’s website to see the full list.
Phytomer Youth Contour Side Effects
Although the manufacturer claims that this eye cream doesn’t cause side effects, experts think otherwise. While there are no reports indicating that its main ingredients produce adverse results, it is also a fact that there are only limited studies about their effects on the body.
If you actually do your own research about them, you might not yield enough results that can help you determine whether they are safe or not.
Hence, it would be better to consult with a doctor or dermatologist first before using the product. We highly recommend such action especially because its inactive ingredients are known to cause side effects.
Dipropylene glycol, for instance, may result in
- allergic reactions (e.g. rashes, skin irritation)
- toxicity in the kidney and liver
- neurological symptoms
- cardiovascular diseases
- respiratory syndromes
Phenoxyethanol, although less harmful than parabens, may still lead to
- toxicity in the liver, kidneys, and the nervous system
- skin and lung irritation
- organ damage (when there is long-term usage)
There are also unconfirmed reports indicating that these two ingredients may cause skin cancer.
Phytomer Youth Contour Dosage and Instructions
Clean your face before applying this cream. Apply it on the skin surrounding your eye and lip area twice on a daily basis. You may apply the cream in the morning and in the evening.
Best Places to Buy Phytomer Youth Contour
Phytomer Youth Contour is available directly from the manufacturer’s website. It is also available on several general and beauty online retail stores like Amazon.
Latest Phytomer Youth Contour Reviews
There are limited Phytomer Youth Contour reviews available online. On Amazon, it only has six while on other retail sites, it only has around 5.
Most of the users seem to like the cream. They said that it worked for them, and it is very easy to apply.
Only a few didn’t find the product effective. They said they saw no improvements at all. Those on Amazon only complained about the company’s customer service.
Is Phytomer Youth Contour Legit Or A Scam? Conclusion…
Phytomer Youth Contour seems to be a legit eye cream. It is being offered not just in the United States but also in other countries like France. Moreover, its manufacturer appears to have a good reputation in marine cosmetics.
However, we are not entirely sure if it is indeed safe and effective or not. The customer reviews aren’t comprehensive enough. The manufacturer didn’t also provide substantive information about the product.
Looking into the cream’s side effects, they are quite alarming considering there’s no assurance from the company and other experts that the product is really safe.
In this regard, we highly recommend looking for other anti-aging eye creams that may be more helpful to you. There are a lot of products out there that are also from companies with a good reputation. Yet, they only have fewer to no side effects at all.