ProtiWise is a brand that offers meal replacement programs. They have a variety of diet food like bars, waffles, and meal shakes. As a meal replacement brand, their target is to provide food that can supplement a healthy diet.
This particular review focuses on their ProtiWise Very High Protein (VHP) meal replacement shakes. Their VHP diet shake products come in different flavors—vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. All of them provide the same benefits, and they only differ in taste and some ingredients.
The manufacturer of this brand is Doctors Best Weight Loss. They are an international company that focuses on providing weight loss supplement alternatives. Aside from meal replacement products, they also offer diet programs designed specifically for general health and well-being.
If you have questions for them, you can send a message through the contact form on their website. You can also connect with them using the following information:
Phone number: 1-800-915-5122
Mailing Address: 911 NW 209 Ave Suite 114, Pembroke Pines, 33029
Their customer service hotline is available every Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM (EST).
What’s The Best Alternative To ProtiWise?
Considering the details we found about ProtiWise and its possible side effects, we would say it’s not the best one out there. After checking many other competitor products, we found a better and really effective meal replacement. Check out its detailed review HERE.
Who Should Take ProtiWise?
Meal replacement programs are for people who can’t find the time to prepare healthy food for themselves. They are especially for those who want to lose weight and be healthy but cannot focus on achieving such goals because of their busy schedules.
As a meal replacement shake, ProtiWise VHP might be the solution for you if you are one of these people. Since it contains a lot of protein nutrients, it’s also beneficial for you if you are on a high-protein diet.
What Makes ProtiWise Work?
The manufacturer didn’t exactly explain how their ProtiWise VHP shakes specifically work to help you lose weight. They mentioned on their FAQ page, however, how all their meal replacement products help.
According to them, their products are full of vitamins and minerals. They are rich in protein so that they can give you the feeling of being full even if you haven’t eaten a lot. Should you feel hungry, you can simply drink a shake to satisfy your cravings.
VHP shakes are also low in calories. Even if you drink three shakes a day (one for each meal), you won’t have a problem burning too many calories in your body.
Each serving of ProtiWise VHP contains 35 grams of protein and 250 calories, along with other vitamins and minerals. Its protein blend consists of the following:
- Milk Protein Isolate – has 90% protein and less than 3% fats. It is what gives you the feeling of being satiated. In bodybuilding supplements, it aids in increasing your muscle mass and strength.
- Calcium Caseinate – is a kind of protein that comes from the casein of milk. Its bioactive peptides contain anabolic and anti-catabolic effects that are good for muscle growth and increased energy levels.
- Whey Protein – boosts your immunity. It is usually found in bodybuilding supplements thanks to its ability to increase muscle mass. Its benefits for weight loss are more effective when combined with regular exercise and heavy lifting.
The shakes also contain a mixture of vitamins and minerals. They are:
- Vitamin A – is good for your eyesight. It also helps keep your skin, nails, and bones healthy.
- Calcium – primarily supports your bones. It makes them healthy and strong.
- Vitamin D – protects your skin from sun damage. It also supports the immune and nervous system.
- Vitamin K – regulates normal blood clotting. It aids in the transport of other nutrients throughout the body.
- B Vitamins – help in the conversion of fats, proteins, and amino acids into fuel and energy.
- Iodine – helps the thyroid gland in producing hormones. It also maintains normal ovulation in women and fights prostate issues in men.
- Manganese – prevents bone diseases such as osteoporosis and inflammation. It also heals osteoarthritis and anemia.
- Molybdenum – acts as a catalyst for enzymes. It helps in the breakdown of amino acids in the body.
ProtiWise Side Effects
The manufacturer actually didn’t provide a list of side effects caused by taking ProtiWise shakes. In fact, they only have limited information about their products. Thus, it’s hard to determine whether they are safe or not.
A quick research on the shakes’ ingredients, however, gave us a few things to remember. For instance, whey protein may cause
- Increased bowel movements
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe headaches
Calcium caseinate may lead to
- Stomach problems
- Digestive malfunction
- Abdominal pain
Some of its other ingredients too may cause mild to moderate side effects. For safety purposes, it’s best to consult a dietitian or a healthcare professional first before taking the shakes.
ProtiWise Dosage and Instructions
One pack is equivalent to one serving. The shakes can be a meal replacement for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Best Places to Buy ProtiWise
The ProtiWise VHP shakes are available through the manufacturer’s website. They offer a 30-day 100% money back guarantee if you want to return the product for some reasons.
There are also online retailers that sell them like eBay, Amazon, and Walmart.
Latest ProtiWise Reviews
There are very limited Protiwise VHP reviews available online. Though it’s available on eBay and Walmart, the online retail sites contain no reviews about the product. If you will check Amazon, there are only three reviews.
One of the reviews on Amazon only said that the product arrived on time. The other said that it has a good price and that its taste was excellent. Both of these reviews really didn’t talk about the shake’s effectiveness.
The last one, which is a negative review, mentioned that the user didn’t experience weight loss. He even used it for three months, but he saw no improvements.
Is ProtiWise Legit Or A Scam? Conclusion…
ProtiWise doesn’t seem to be a scam. Its manufacturer seems to be legit, although they do not provide substantive information about their product.
We think that such insufficiency on the available information is quite a hindrance in determining whether VHP shakes work or not. Indeed, they each have a separate page on the manufacturer’s website, but they lack a lot of information such as possible side effects and how often they should be taken.
In this regard, it’s probably best to stick with meal replacement programs and food that offer a comprehensive information about their specifications. There are other meal replacement shakes out there that may be more effective, especially because they have more positive reviews and fewer to no side effects at all.