What is Forskolin?
It is a compound that is found in the roots of the coleus forskohlii plant. It’s a herb that belongs to the mint family, and it’s very aromatic.
This herb is an important cultural and medical plant that is used widely throughout the world.
It is especially prevalent in Indian Ayurvedic medicine due to its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is commonly found in the Eastern world. It has origins in Thailand, India, Bruma, Brazil, and parts of Africa.
What is It Used For?
Many studies have been done to research the effects that pure forskolin extract has on the body.
Researchers have found that it can help to break down stored fat in the body and increase the amount of lean muscle mass that you have. For people who have stubborn belly fat, or struggle to retain toned muscle, pure forskolin extract can help them immensely. It’s also often used to treat high blood pressure and chest pain.
It can even help some respiratory conditions such as asthma. In cases of heart failure, it is sometimes used intravenously to help. There are even eye drops that contain it to aid glaucoma treatment.
How It Reacts In The Body for Weight Loss
You might be wondering exactly how pure forskolin extract can act as a weight loss supplement. There are four key actions that occur in the body to promote weight loss.
- Forskolin Activates the Fat Burning Messenger – One way that it boosts fat loss is by activating the fat-burning messenger, which are also known as fat-burning enzymes. This includes the cAMP (Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate) messenger. The job of cAMP is to encourage the fat burning process in the body which is called lipolysis. During lipolysis, the body releases fat stores so that they can be used as a source of energy and burned off.
2. It Breaks Down Stubborn Fat Tissue – The second weight loss effect that it has on the body is breaking down stubborn fat tissue. It releases fatty acids from adipose tissues in the body. This breaks down fatty acids and eventually, this leads to the loss of stored body fat.
3. It Preserves and Builds Lean Muscle Mass – It builds and preserves lean muscle mass on the body by raising your metabolic rate.
With a higher metabolic rate, your body is able to prevent new fat from forming and storing in the body.
This is because it burns fat off more efficiently and quicker. Preventing new fat from forming is the best way to lose fat, so that’s always a plus.
4. It Prevents Future Fat Formation – the extract promotes and supports healthy testosterone levels in the body for both men and women.
Healthy testosterone levels make it easier to retain muscle mass, and it makes it easier to gain muscle mass as well.
A common fear when losing weight is losing muscle mass instead of losing fat. However, it targets the fat stores, not muscle mass.
Safety and Side Effects
Pure natural extract does indeed appear to be safe to take. It is a natural product (a herbal extract). However, some people can experience side effects. The side effects can depend on the way that it is taken. For example, it can be taken orally as a supplement, inhaled, or as an injection.
When taken orally, there aren’t any side effects that have been documented. However, when inhaled, it can cause throat irritation or coughing. When taken by injection, it has the potential to cause low blood pressure.
It is a natural blood thinner, so if you’ve recently had surgery or if you are planning on having surgery in the near future, avoid taking it. If you are on any medication, always talk to your general health practitioner before taking new supplements to make sure it won’t interfere with anything.
Is It Safe for Pregnant Women?
There is not a lot of data out there about taking it during pregnancy. Therefore, it’s recommended that pregnant women should not take this supplement.
Even after giving birth, not enough research has been done about the effects on breastfeeding. To stay on the safe side, pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking this supplement.
Recommended Dosage for Weight Loss
For people who struggle with obesity, it has been recommended to take 250 mg of a 10% -20% extract twice a day.
Alternatively, if you aren’t obese, taking anywhere from 100-200 mg a day (containing 10-20%) orally can provide results too. Basically, the dosage will be different depending on what brand of pure forskolin extract you buy.
Always read the instructions carefully to figure out the exact recommended dosage. If you purchase it from a reputable company, it contains 250 mg of all-natural root extract, with 20% pure forskolin. Taking this supplement once daily will provide results.
Scientific Studies Relating toWeight Loss
When claiming that supplements can lead to weight loss, it’s always important to have scientific evidence to back up these claims. Here are two scientific studies that have been done on the effect that the extract has on weight loss.
1. Effects of Coleus Forskohlii Supplementation on Body Composition and Hematological Profiles in Mildly Overweight Women
This was a double-blind and randomized study. It was conducted by Henderson and a group of researchers that he worked with. The study involved 23 participants, all of them were overweight women.
The women were divided into two groups: One group took 250mg of 20% extract twice a day. The other group took placebo pills. This study went on for 3 months (12 weeks). After the 12 weeks was over, the results showed that neither groups lost weight.
However, the first group taking the extract showed that it prevented weight gain. No side effects were recorded during this study. Read it in full here.
2. Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with overweight and obese men.
This was also a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. It was led by Godard and his colleagues.
This study involved 30 participants, all of them were obese men. Again, the participants were divided into two groups: One group took 250 mg of 10% extract twice daily, over the course of 3 months (12 weeks).
The other group took placebo pills. After the study was over, it was recorded that the first group had an increase in their lean muscle mass, along with increased testosterone levels, increased bone mass, and even a reduction in their overall fat percentage and fat mass. The other group experienced none of these benefits.
This study proved that it could indeed be used as an agent to control and manage weight loss in overweight men. This one can be found here.
• Used for thousands of years in Indian Ayurvedic medicine
• Anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties
• Completely natural
• Helps break down stored fat in the body
• Increase the amount of lean muscle mass that you have
• Helps retain toned muscle
• Assists with respiratory conditions such as asthma
• Activates fat burning enzymes in the body (cAMP)
• Breaks down stubborn fat tissue
• Raises your basic metabolic rate
• Prevents future fat formation
• No unwanted side effects
• Boosts energy
• 100% premium root extract
• Improves your metabolism
• Manufactured in the USA
• Only a few scientific studies have been done on the effect it has on weight loss
• Potentially unsafe for pregnant and breastfeeding women
• It is a natural blood thinner, so it can be dangerous for people who have surgeries
• You have to be careful if taking blood pressure medications
Purchasing Pure Forskolin Extract
You can buy it in many stores and most health food stores, and also online. However, just because a bottle says forskolin extract, that doesn’t mean that it will work for weight loss.
When buying this supplement, quality is very important. High-quality extracts will provide high-quality results. Don’t just settle for the first brand you come across – it’s important to do your research, read about the company and make sure that the product is high-quality.
When purchasing pure forskolin extracts, anything with 10-20% is ideal. The recommended dose will normally range between 100-200 milligrams once or twice daily. That is why Pure Natural Forskolin Slim Extract is the perfect product.
It’s a reputable company with 250 mg of all-natural root extract that contains 20% pure extract. When you place an order with them, you are guaranteed a free bottle of their extract. They also have a 100% money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied with your order.
Is Pure Forskolin Extract Worth Buying?
Ultimately, it’s up to the consumer if they wish to try this supplement out for themselves. The research surrounding the extract and weight loss are still in its early stages, so there aren’t too many studies done about it.
However, the few studies done regarding this as a weight loss supplement do show promising results. There are many benefits to taking this extract, and there is evidence supporting the fact that it is beneficial for weight loss and weight control.
The extract isn’t a miracle solution for weight loss, but it can be worth trying out to see if it works for you. There is no harm in giving it a shot and seeing how your body reacts to it. Our study shows it’s superior to Nucifix Bio-X4.
Last Updated on