Theravent is an anti-snoring device under the Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP) category. It comes in a small and lightweight strip form that treats and prevents your snoring problems. You simply need to place it under your nose before sleeping, and you and your loved ones can already sleep peacefully.
According to the manufacturer, these anti-snore strips are easy to wear. They are comfortable, and you won’t get irritated or distracted while you’re asleep.
As an EPAP device, it may be good for people who have sleep apnea and are having troubles using CPAP devices. However, even if this product is considered an EPAP device, the company says that it is not meant to treat sleep disorder.
This anti-snoring device is manufactured by Foundation Consumer Healthcare, LLC. They are a relatively new company that produces different kinds of over-the-counter products. Their main goal is to improve people’s lives with their non-prescription medicines.
For questions and comments about the product on review, you can call their hotline at 1-855-265-7667. You can also send them an email at email@example.com.
If you have questions for the company, they have a contact form on their website where you can send your queries.
What’s The Best Alternative To Theravent?
Considering the details we found about Theravent and its possible side effects, we would say it’s not the best one out there. After checking many other competitor products, we found a better and really effective anti-snoring device. Check out its detailed review HERE.
Who Should Use Theravent?
You may have a hard time sleeping at night because of your own loud snoring. Perhaps your bed partner keeps on complaining about how he or she can’t sleep due to the awful sounds you make. If these cases apply to you, then this product might help you.
Theravent is primarily for people who snore too much and too loudly when they are asleep. It can help adults who are 18 years old and above to peacefully sleep during the night.
Note, however, that you may not use it if you are suffering from the following conditions:
- fever, sinus or ear infection, perforated eardrum
- severe breathing problems
- severe heart problems
- low blood pressure
- sensitive skin (easily irritated)
There is no certainty with regard to its effects on pregnant women and people with sleep apnea. To be sure, consult with a health professional first before using the product.
What Makes Theravent Work?
Theravent uses microvalve technology, using your own breathing to create pressure (EPAP) in your upper airway. Such pressure gently opens your airway to lessen the vibration coming from the soft tissue at the back of your throat. This simple process prevents snoring.
Upon placing the device on your nose and breathing normally, the microvalves start to work, and you’ll feel a mild resistance in breathing. Don’t worry as this only means that the device is starting to work.
The anti-snoring strips come in different resistance levels—“starter,” “regular,” and “max.” You need to determine which one of them will work for you the best so you’ll feel most comfortable.
- Starter – has the lowest resistance levels and is good for starters. It helps so you can get used to wearing the strips.
- Regular – has moderate resistance levels. It is perfect for those with only moderate snores.
- Max – has the highest resistance levels. It is for those who experience really hard, loud, and prolonged snoring.
According to the manufacturer, it might take a few days before you get used to this device. They recommend having some degree of patience. You need to keep on using the product until it makes you feel comfortable.
Theravent Side Effects
Using this anti-snoring device may cause some side effects. Fortunately, the manufacturer gave a list of the possible adverse results that you may experience.
- dry mouth and breathing discomfort
- allergic reactions (for those who have sensitive skin)
- inability to breathe through the mouth
- anxiety and dizziness
- discomfort on the throat, nasal, sinus, or ear part
- sinus or ear infection
- severe nosebleed
- skin or mucosal irritation (rashes, sores, etc.)
Some people also reported that they experienced sleepiness during the day, hypertension, colds and runny nose.
Since this product is a device, there are many certain precautions that you have to keep in mind before and while using it. Here is the procedure on how to use it properly:
- Clean your face with soap and water. Dry it completely before using the device.
- Peel off the adhesive at the back of the device and use a mirror to help you put it on your nose.
- Place the strip over both of your nostrils. Make sure that the hole is at the center of your nose.
- Press the strips on your skin and seal it well. Ensure that the edges are adhered properly onto your skin.
- If you feel some resistance every time you breathe out, then the product is working well. If the resistance is too strong, try breathing through your mouth until you fall asleep.
- Upon waking up, remove the strip gently by peeling it off. If you have sensitive skin, remove the strip using warm water or while you’re in the shower.
You might also want to remember these tips:
- Only use the product when you are about to sleep.
- Do not apply it if you have put creams or ointments on your face.
- You can remove and reapply the product if you are having trouble breathing.
- You should feel resistance when you breathe out. If not, reapply the device as it might not be working properly.
- Use the strips only once. Immediately dispose every after application (i.e. when you wake up) and use a new one.
Best Places to Buy Theravent
You may purchase Theravent directly from the manufacturer’s website or its independent website. They offer discounts and other promotions if you avail of their special coupons.
Some online retailers like Amazon and Walgreens also sell the product.
Latest Theravent Reviews
There are quite a lot of Theravent reviews available online. There are a few positive reviews, but there are more negative ones.
For instance, many complained about having breathing problems. They said that it made them gasp for air while they were asleep. One particular customer said that he wasn’t suffering from any of the restrictions, but using the product caused some side effects as described above.
Others didn’t experience side effects, but they were still disappointed as it did not work for them. They also mentioned that it’s too difficult to apply.
Is Theravent Legit Or A Scam? Conclusion…
If we look at the customer reviews, it is difficult to determine if Theravent really works or not. It may have been effective for some but not for everyone.
More so, its list of side effects is a little alarming, considering that many users have reported experiencing them. It may indeed prevent snoring, but it may cause you breathing problems.
The device is also quite hard to use. You need to remember a lot of precautions just so you can get the best out of it.
Hence, we highly suggest searching for other anti-snoring devices. Keep looking for those that are easy to use and have many positive reviews. Most importantly, try choosing one that does not cause adverse results.
On the other hand, you may still want to try Theravent. However, make sure that you consult your doctor first to check if it will help your snoring problems or not.